(BPT) – Summer is officially here, which means it’s time to break out the grill and have a backyard BBQ! Cookouts are a popular pastime in the U.S. and with 4th of July just around the corner, you’ll want to make sure you’re prepared to grill for the big day! To kick off the summer grilling festivities, Mazola® has teamed up with Celebrity Chef, cookbook author, and “Despierta América” star, Jesus Diaz (Chef Yisus) to share some easy-to-make recipes anyone can grill up at home using heart-healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil.
For starters, cooking with Mazola® Corn Oil is a fantastic and versatile option that makes it ideal for all types of cooking, from grilling and sautéing to baking! Its neutral taste also allows the spices and ingredient flavors in every dish to shine throughout every bite. Trying to cook smarter while still holding on to that rich flavor? Mazola® Corn oil is also cholesterol-free**, so you can feel good when grilling up delicious meals for your family this 4th of July and beyond! “Ever since I was a young boy, my family always trusted Mazola®, especially during the grilling months. Unlike other oils like coconut or olive, Mazola® has an incredibly high smoke point of 450°F, which I love because it prevents it from breaking down easily and sacrificing my food’s flavor, allowing me to really turn up the heat!”
Check out this recipe by Chef Yisus that is sure to turn heads and take your backyard BBQ to the next level!:
Chicken Adobo with Grilled Shishito and Aji Dulces
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 20 garlic cloves
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup of Mazola® Corn Oil
- 300 mL of rice vinegar
- 150 mL of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of whole black peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 5 bay leaves
- 120 mL water
- 1 tablespoon of rocoto chili paste
- 1 handful of cilantro
- Crush the garlic cloves and add to a bowl together with the rice vinegar, soy sauce, black peppercorns, sugar, bay leaves, water, Mazola® Corn Oil, and the rocoto chili paste.
- Mix together and add marinade to the chicken. Cover and marinate overnight in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge one to two hours before cooking.
- Place the chicken on the grill for about ten minutes per side and then set aside. When ready to cook, heat your grill to medium-high.
- In a hot pan heated over high heat, pour the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken to the pan covering all areas.
- Reduce the temperature of the grill to the low and put the chicken back on the grill. Close the lid and cook for 35 minutes.
- Brush all the chicken with the sauce and leave on the grill for another 15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and brush it with the sauce one last time, top with the cilantro to finish.
To view this recipe (and others), find more inspiration, and learn more about how you can incorporate heart-healthy* Mazola® Corn Oil into your grilling this summer, visit www.Mazola.com.”
*See www.mazola.com for information about the relationship between corn oil and heart disease.
**Corn oil is a cholesterol-free food that contains 14g of total fat per serving. See nutrition information on product label or at Mazola.com for fat and saturated fat content.