(BPT) – The warmer months offer a great opportunity to refresh your living space and create a sparkling clean home for months to come.
Because of their eco-friendly nature and versatility, steam cleaners have grown in popularity in recent years, and for good reason. Superheated steam can clean, sanitize, disinfect, deodorize and refresh your home, without the use of toxic cleaning products.
As you approach your household cleaning this summer, here are smart tips for maximizing the power of a deep steam clean to keep your home pristine and healthy.
1. Keep dirt out
A powerful way to maintain a cleaner home is to focus on entryways, which can be especially dirty as seasons change. By preventing dirt and debris from entering your space in the first place, you’ve won half the battle.
- Use a steam cleaner to melt away dirt and residue from the insides of door panels.
- Snap on the squeegee attachment to eliminate pollen and dust from glass doors for a streak-free finish.
- Foyers and entry hallways track dirt from outdoors. A powerful spray of steam can instantly refresh any type of flooring to keep these well-trafficked areas spotless.
For example, the Dupray NEAT Steam Cleaner is a portable, easy-to-use cleaner that harnesses the power of steam to thoroughly clean and sanitize a variety of surfaces with up to 17 accessories and attachments. The powerful, superheated steam (up to 275 degrees F) removes dirt, grease and stains, while also killing 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, pathogens and dust. Even better, you don’t need to use or refill toxic chemical products — all you need is tap water.
Regularly steam cleaning your doorways, foyer and entry hallway can help keep your entire home cleaner.
2. Ditch toxins in the kitchen
Tackle the toughest messes first by focusing on deep cleaning your kitchen. A well-cleaned kitchen is essential for a healthy home, and steam cleaning is your best bet to ensure you’ve addressed not only grease and grime but also bacteria and mold without introducing toxic chemicals into places where you prepare food.
- A powerful steam cleaner can blast away burnt grease in your oven, grease stains on your range and food residue from your oven grills.
- Your microwave can feel just like new again with a quick spray of steam to remove crumbs and messes.
- Fruits, vegetables, dairy products and meat can draw mold and bacteria to your refrigerator. Use the changing seasons to toss expired and unused items from your refrigerator and freezer, then sanitize top to bottom with superheated steam.
3. Destroy bathroom mold, mildew and bacteria
Bathrooms are a breeding spot for mold, mildew and bacteria, but you can quickly disinfect the entire space while ditching toxic chemicals with a deep steam clean. Dupray’s versatile steam cleaning attachments will help you work your way from the bath and shower to toilet and faucet in a breeze. Best of all, high-powered steam is a must-have for lifting stains and grime from grout in flooring and showers.
4. Allergy-proof your bedroom for better sleep
To create a healthy sleep environment free from dust mites, bed bugs, pollen, pet dander and other allergens, use a steam cleaner to disinfect and refresh mattresses and pillows without introducing chemical products into areas where your family sleeps. This can be a great help for family members with allergies. You can even use steam to refresh stuffed animals, children’s toys and pet beds.
Switch attachments and move to your windowsills and curtains, especially if you’re regularly opening windows or using screens to manage warmer temperatures. Like your entryway, these areas are prone to bringing dirt into your home.
5. Extend the deep clean outdoors
During summer months when your living space extends outdoors, a deep steam clean can make your patio the perfect spot to lounge or entertain friends. Before inviting the neighbors over, use a steam cleaner to refresh patio furniture and sanitize any tables or dining spaces. Dirt and dust accumulate much more rapidly outdoors.
Before firing up the grill, use the power of steam to disinfect and sanitize between uses to make sure food is prepared in a safe way.
If you’re feeling extra motivated, give your car a deep clean using steamer detailing tools to clean interior upholstery, dashboards, windows, wheels, rims and more.
Using the power of a steam cleaner to sanitize, disinfect and deodorize, you can enjoy a surprisingly satisfying clean for every room in your house from top to bottom, making it sparkle this summer. Visit Dupray.com to find the best steam cleaner for your needs.